Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Etsy Shop Review & Interview : Erica's House of Design


REVIEW

Tonight I bring to you a marvelous shop that has the cutest diaper cakes. This shop is always adding new, more, and exciting items.

Erica's House of Design Shop Announcement:
"Welcome! I will soon make quilts, wall art, gift baskets and more to come:)"

I came across this Etsy shop the other day and marveled out her diaper cakes. These cakes will make any mom to be happy. They will make the perfect baby shower gift. Here is the one that I received:


I absolutely love this cake and I am a huge fan of Pooh. Yes, I know that I am a 19 year old girl that loves Pooh, but what can I say? I'm not normal. I asked for a Pooh bear cake and she completely blew my mind. It was a lot better than what I had imagined. I inspected the product all over and it is in excellent condition. It shipped really fast and was taken really good care of. It came in a big box with the white packing corn to insure that no damage was done. The seller answered any questions that I had and was always very polite and courteous.

INTERVIEW

Name: Erica Voigt is married legal name, but I go by my maiden name of Erica Moore for a lot of online things. I hate to give up my identity since marriage, so I use both:)
Store Name: Erica's House of Design

Store URL: www.etsy.com/shop/ericajmoore


Blog Name and URL (if you have one): http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=168722632&blogId=537229269


 1. Tell us a little about yourself, the seller behind the store. I have always liked to make things, I love to write too, but for the last few years, I have been busy being a mom. Now I have finally gotten back into making things.

2. What's your store about? What do you typically sell or sell the most? Diaper cakes, and I have sold a few movie baskets, but I want to make quilts and wall art in the near future to go with diaper cake themes. I sort of want my own line of baby room decor.


3. Why did you decide to open a shop? My friend Cara and Deanna are both having babies, so it got me into baby fever, and I decided to make diaper cakes, and I have come up with ideas of other things to come. Deanna told me about etsy.com as she also has a shop named OrangeYouGladDesigns, and I gave it a whirl.


4. What does your shop mean to you? Happiness! It makes me happy to make things and create things, and I LOVE making cute baby gifts the most. I feel it defines me other than a mom and someone that has a day job, and it also motivates me to do other things, like write that have been on hold for the last few years.


5. Random Questions, pick one or as many as you like and tell why.


Crayons or Color Pencils : Colored pencils. Crayons break easier, melt and are a little messy to color with.


Anchovies or Pepperoni : Pepperoni. Also I love spicy food and different things such as sushi, I have yet to be adventurous enough to try anchovies.


Pink or Blue : Pink, but I like blue a lot as well. I do not really have a favorite color since I like all of them:) I do, however buy pink ipod, pink laptop, pink GPS, and pink wii remote, so the boys know they are mine. As you can tell, I'm outnumbered in my household.


Cherries or Blueberries : I like both.

 Flip Flops or Sneakers : Since I live in Florida, I'd have to say I wear flip flops the most, but I played sports when I was younger, so I do feel comfort in sneakers, but I do not wear them other than going to the ball fields or to the gym basically.



A little more about Erica : I want my readers to feel like that know you and can feel comfortable around you. Does that make any sense? It makes perfect sense. What I did not say is: I'm married to James, My son's names are Xander and Christopher. Xander and Christopher both play soccer, and Christopher plays t-ball or baseball and made all-stars this year, and he played football last year as well. Both kids are honor roll students, and I am very proud of both of them.
 
Check out her shop here : Erica's House of Design
 
**Fine Print: I was not giving any money or compensation for this review. All I received from this was the product to review. Everything said is my complete opinion and I was not forced to say anything.**

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!