Sunday, September 5, 2010

IMM 09.04.10

For Review:

the eternal ones

 

What if love refused to die?


Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.
In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves¸ before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

I have heard a lot of good things about this book and look forward to reading it. Kirsten was so graciously kind enough to send me a copy. It is an UK edition and looks the same as the US one to me. I love it!

She Smells

 

It's the beginning of senior year and Yuki's psychic awareness of ghostly spirits is threatening to ruin her life. Her ability to sense spirits of the dead isn't glamorous like the ghost hunting on television.


SHE SMELLS THE DEAD.


The smell impressions are becoming stronger. Yuki is being visited in her dreams, and she suspects that her friend Calvin is involved in something strange. To make matters worse her crush on Garrett is going unrequited, Yuki's friend Emma is on a rampage against bee oppression, and annoying Calvin Miller mysteriously disappears.
Will Yuki be able to focus her powers in time to save the lost soul who is haunting her? Meanwhile, who will save Yuki from following the spirits into the light?

First off all I think this girl on the cover is cute. I love her red eye liner or shadow or whatever it is :D Also it seems to have a sense of mysteriousness behind it. I can’t wait to see what all transpires from it. This was sent to be on behalf of the She Smells the Dead tour. Thanks E.J. for sending this book.

Dont eat that

 

In short lines, large type, and text broken into phrases, three more stories are told. Marcos, Leon, and “I” try to out-do each other with warnings against tasting things that may not be safe. Dire consequences and ridiculous outcomes take the boys to new heights of hilarity in these spooky tales from Australia, Italy, and Eastern Europe.

I actually am not sure how I came about receiving this book. I am however interested in the spooky tales and the illustrations that take place in this book. Thanks to the publisher for sending this book my way. This review will be coming real shortly.

 

 

The Traveler 

The Traveler is about Dreams and Wishes..It's about Expressions and Wonder and about Hope and Trust. It is a Story of the Stars and it seeks to inspire awe in our everyday existence and optimism about the future.

I received this book as part of the author’s tour. Here are the dates for what will be posted when:

October 5 – Review

October 6 - Interview

October 7 - guest post

Giveaways that I won:

spells

 

Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever.


When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?

I won this book from completing a survey on Teen Reads. I will have to read the first in this series before I can read this one. It is a hard back copy!

song of

 

Trained since childhood in advanced biocyph seed technology by the all-powerful Crib empire, Edie's mission is to terraform alien worlds while her masters bleed the outlawed Fringe populations dry. When renegade mercenaries kidnap Edie, she's not entirely sure it's a bad thing . . . until they leash her to a bodyguard, Finn—a former freedom fighter-turned-slave, beaten down but never broken. If Edie strays from Finn's side, he dies. If she doesn't cooperate, the pirates will kill them both.

But Edie's abilities far surpass anything her enemies imagine. And now, with Finn as her only ally as the merciless Crib closes in, she'll have to prove it or die on the site of her only failure . . . a world called Scarabaeus.

I won this book from: From the Shadows a blog written by E.J. Stevens, the author of paranormal elements. His new book She Smells the Dead will be the first of the books that I have read by this author.

SWAG:

I wished I had a picture for the swag. I have one but it is not great due to the fact that I don’t have a camera and had to use my phone. Anyway this is what I received.

  • She Smells the Dead – 3 bookmarks, and 3 postcards
  • Stork by Wendy Delsol – 10 signed bookmarks (possible future giveaway!)

What does everyone think about my week in books and swag? What did everyone else receive?

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Eternal Ones. Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great reading to look forward to! Here’s my IMMB And here is y post about top literary crushes-you should join in

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great books. I think She Smells The Dead looks really interesting and The Eternal Ones is in my TBR pile. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!