Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Review: Bitter Frost

8069816
All her life, Breena had always dreamed about fairies as though she lived among them...beautiful fairies living among mortals and living in Feyland. In her dreams, he was always there the breathtakingly handsome but dangerous Winter Prince, Kian, who is her intended. When Breena turns sixteen, she begins seeing fairies and other creatures mortals don t see. Her best friend Logan, suddenly acts very protective. Then she sees Kian, who seems intent on finding her and carrying her off to Feyland. That's fine and all, but for the fact that humans rarely survive a trip to Feyland, a kiss from a fairy generally means death to the human unless that human has fairy blood in them or is very strong, and although Kian seemed to be her intended, he seems to hate her and wants her dead.
Received from Traveling ARC Tours.
Author: Kailin Gow

My Thoughts:

This book was a very quick and fun read. It could seem a bit confusing by going from her dreams back to reality. However I felt the story was a short one. I believe that there may be a future series with this book. I hope at least, because it seemed to stop abruptly. I didn't really care for the end due to that, but with everything else it was extremely entertaining. It made me blush in a few parts from the intimate feeling between Breena and Kian.

I really enjoyed this and will most definitely be reading the next one in the series. If there is a next one. I am unsure and can't seem to find the information anywhere. Has anyone else read this book, if so what were your thoughts?



3 comments:

  1. Interesting review.

    Thanks for entering the contest... I guess. I'm following your blog because I like the layout a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also participating in the September Spectacular. A great review, so different to be hearing about a book about fairies rather than vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked this because this is next on my to buy list. And yes it is a series. I think the next one is called Winter Frost and is due out soon. Amazon is a little vague on that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!