Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog Hop! 09.03.10

Hey everyone I am starting my own book blog hop! I gathered some of the ideas from the other blog hops around such as Crazy-For-Books. The rules and info are below!


 ABOUT THE HOP:

This Blog Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the the different worlds created in books! This weekly blog hop is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!

The Hop lasts Thursday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! 
 RULES:

1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below.

In your link, please state the main genre that you review: eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc. Please do not list every genre you review - if you review a variety, please put eclectic! Please limit to one genre.

Example: Ashley's Bookshelf (YA)

2. Post about the Hop on your blog and grab the button. Spread the word about the blog hop! There will be a question every week to answer. If you have any thoughts or want to submit a question then comment in the field below.

This week's question is from me:

How many words, chapters, or pages do you try to read a day?

My answer: I try to read by chapters. Say I receive a book from a tour and I only have 7 days to read it then I look and see how many chapters and then divide by 7. It lets me know approximately how many chapters I need to read. Here is an example.

55 chapters / 7 days = 7.857 which equals around 8 chapters a day!

3. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! Take the time to make a quality visit! Check out other posts and content, make a new friend! Don't randomly follow someone if you never intend on actually following them! No spamming please! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)

So have fun and start hopping this will be posted every Thursday (I hope!) I know I'm late posting (sorry!)

**Im in need of a creative name for this blog hop. Any ideas?**


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love that idea of reading that way. I always just read as much as I can/want to and literally pay zero attention to chapters or pages unless it's something I have to read in a required amount of time. And even then I usually end up disregarding how many chapters/pages I need to read per day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!