Monday, June 11, 2012

{Summer #BlogChallenge} Day 11

Best day of your life?

The best day of my life? I have many days that I would say was my best, but there is no way I could pick between them as to which is the best. The first would have to be when I was saved by the awesome grace and love of Christ. I just remember being 10 years old and standing in the baptismal pool. As the preacher begin to dunk me under, and bring me back up again, it was like I could feel my old life leaving me behind, and my new life in Christ just beginning. It was breathtaking!

The next best day of my life would have to be when my little sister was born. I was the only child for 8 years, and I desperately wanted a sibling, so I would pray for one at night. Being the child that I was, I only prayed a couple of times and then forgot about it. Time went by, my mom found out she was pregnant at 6 months along. That is right, she was 6 months pregnant before she or anyone else knew. She decided to take a tub bath one day, and when she laid back in the tub, here tummy shifted and she went to the doctor thinking she had a tumor. Guess you can figure out what the doctor told her. She was on a diet prior to finding out and she was never regular, so she didn’t think anything about it. As you can guess the next 3 months went by extremely fast, and it was time to deliver.

I was in the 2nd grade, and my grandmother came and got me, and told me that my mom was having the baby. I thought she was joking, but we sped to the hospital and I got to witness the whole thing, I had the best seat in the house :] I will never forget that day, because it was there that God blessed our family, and made us complete. This day was also the day that God showed me that I had the passion for kids, and the will that He has planned for me. Things have only looked up since the day she was born and now I am ecstatic to state that my whole immediate family has turned their life to God. For after all he knows the plans that He has for us, and I truly believe that He sent this beautiful young lady below to save us as a family and to keep me on track!

DSCN3310

My 13 year old sister: Marlee :]

3 comments:

  1. Awww this is so sweet and brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Love your references to your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to pray and pray for a sister (i have a TON of brothers lol) and got a step sister when i was 9 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!