Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spotlight: Mara Purnhagen {Beyond the Grave}

Beyond the Grave (Past Midnight, #3)

How would you describe Beyond the Grave? 

Beyond the Grave is the final novel in my Past Midnight series. As the daughter of paranormal investigators, Charlotte Silver knows that ghosts aren’t real. Her family takes a scientific approach to debunking haunting and legends, and they believe that there is an explanation behind everything. Their theories are tested, though, when something follows Charlotte home from an investigation. If you like spooky but not overly scary, I think you might enjoy the books. 

Which of your characters do you feel you relate to the most and why? 

There may be a little slice of my personality in every character. I am a skeptic like Charlotte, good at handling pressure like Avery, and motherly like Annalise. One of my absolute favorite characters in the series is Bliss—she really takes on a new dimension in Beyond the Grave. 

Were you a reader in your teen years and if so, who was your favorite author?

I have always loved to read, but finding books I could relate to as a teenager was difficult for me. I think the YA genre has grown and expanded in amazing ways over the past decade. I wish some of the amazing books that are out now had been available to me when I was younger. 

What one 2012 release are you most looking forward to reading this year? 

One Moment by Kristina McBride 
Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay 
Insurgent by Veronica Roth 
A Million Suns by Beth Revis 
Truth by Julia Karr 
Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin 

Are you currently in the process of writing a sequel or newer book? 

Yes! I’m always working on something. My next project involves some of the “energy” elements from the Past Midnight series, but takes them in a whole new direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!