Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spotlight: Jennifer Laurens {Heavenly}

Heavenly (Heavenly, #1)

How would you describe The Heavenly series? 

The story of a teenage girl who falls in love with her autistic sister's guardian angel - based on my family's real-life living with autism, teenage alcoholism and drug abuse. A story of acceptance, forgiveness and compassion. I've been told Heavenly is a life changing story for some, I think that's one of the most rewarding compliments I've been given. Especially since the characters are real and the incidents ( for the most part ) are real.

Which of your characters do you feel you relate to the most and why? 

If we're talking about Heavenly, then Zoe's mom. All of her emotions and reactions were close to, if not owned by me during this difficult period in our lives. Writing Heavenly was therapeutic because I could control the outcome of Luke, Zoe and Abria - whereas in real life, I could not.

Were you a reader in your teen years and if so, who was your favorite author?

 I loved reading. I had many favorites, I grew up on Laura Ingalls Wilder and the classics. In high school, I discovered romance. Shanna was my first romance, and I loved reading them after that. My library consists of books from all genres now. I like reading across the board.

What one 2012 release are you most looking forward to reading this year? 

I don't have one! Reading is a luxury now, so I pick and choose books cautiously because time is valuable.

Are you currently in the process of writing a sequel or newer book?

Heavenly is a series, if you didn't know that. Book two is Penitence, book three is Absolution. Currently I'm working on a book I HOPE will be available next year - a YA romance with fantasy/ paranormal elements.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!