Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Vampire Prince

The Vampire Prince (Cirque Du Freak, #6)

Branded a traitor, betrayed by a friend, hunted by the vampire clan-Darren Shan, the Vampire's Assistant, faces certain death. Can Darren reverse the odds and outwit a Vampire Prince? Darren's initiation on Vampire Mountain draws to a stunning, bloody conclusion-but the Saga continues ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the sixth book in the Cirque du Freak series written by Darren Shan. The Vampire Prince was published by Little, Brown for Young Readers on May 11th, 2005. The book that I read was a paperback version that I received from Goodreads swap. It has a total of 208 pages. 

First of all I will try to get through this whole review without spilling any spoilers. I tend to keep it spoiler free, but with this being the 6th book in the series it may be a little hard, so I will try to inform you as much as I can.

I started reading Darren Shan's Cirque du Freak series about a year ago while I was on the way home from the mountains. I had picked the book up at a Goodwill or some other second-hand store. I feel in love with the cover and the synopsis and then soon enough with young Darren. I remember reading the whole book within the four hours it took to return home. This is a record for me because it usually takes much longer. I was so enthralled in the book and the story of how Darren became the Vampire's Assistant. Even though it took me a year later to finally get to book 6 I must say that I am not ready for them to end (there are 12 in all).

My younger sister, Marlee (she's 12), became hooked on them and simply read all 12 within a couple of weeks. Not me, I seem to find it hard to stay on track while reading a series and I become a little sidetracked and read something else, but now that I have this wonderful blog and receive books for review, the series seems to get pushed further and further back (not that I mind at all :]). So this is my little story of why it took so long to get to book 6.

Anyway back to my review. The Vampire Prince was extremely well written and a good, quick read. I enjoyed every minute of it. From Darren racing down the mountain stream in a very scary, unsafe water ride to he scouring the many tunnels in the mountain, to seeing who exactly this Vampire Prince is. The Vampire Prince (just like the other books in the series) is guaranteed to make you enjoy the ride as Darren grows and becomes a better half-vampire, it will make you cry, laugh, and get angry all in one sentence.

I strongly encourage you to pick up this series and enjoy it with your children, friends, and family.

FYI - If you have watched the movie Vampire Assistant, that is based off of this series, please do not let that cloud your judgement for reading these books. The movie did a poor job when it comes to going by the books. The movie was okay by itself, but not when it is compared to this series.


...Buy the Book...

...Find the Author...

...Overall Rating...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have any of you read this series, or seen the movie? If so what are your thoughts? Do you plan to read the series or watch the movie?

Don't forget about the giveaways that are going on, over there in the left sidebar. Some are ending very soon and have very low entries.


Happy Reading!
-A




1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of this series, but I saw the movie. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I'm sure the books are better (they usually are)!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!