Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Forgotten

Forgotten

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future. 
Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Cat Patrick's debut YA novel, and it was published by Little, Brown for Young Readers on June 7th 2011. The book that I read was an advance reader copy that I received from the publisher. It has a total of 288 pages. 


When I first read the synopsis I thought that it would be different than what usually read (vamps, werewolves, etc.), and I wasn't sure if I would be able to get through the whole story or not. I am thrilled to say that it sucked me in and I fell in head over heels in love with it :] 


The basic story behind this book girl meets guy, guy has a secret, so does her mom. Girl learns the secrets and her and the boy takes a break, but then gets back together. She learns her mom's secret and then she can't help but to forgive her mom. Even though this was the basic story line; it was much more than that. London can not remember her past, but she can remember her future.  She comes to learn exactly who she is and how she became this way. Can she finally come to learn how to remember her past be remembering her future?


This book blew my socks off. It was really good. The end left you wanting more and more, but it is substantial enough to be a stand-alone book. I highly encourage you all to pick up this book and then let me know your thoughts.



...Buy the Book...

...Find the Author...

...Overall Rating...


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have any of you read this book? If so what did you think?

I would also be willing to swap this ARC for another ARC. If you are interested then email me at ashleysbookshelf at gmail dot com with the book you would be willing to swap. 


Happy Reading!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!