Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Re-Post: {Blog Help}

This is a re-post from The Story Siren!


First of all isn't this an AWESOME logo? I would love to get some custom work done on my blog, but I do not know who I should choose. Any ideas?
Now onto her post!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to use this post to compile and list some of the posts I've done on blog advice and blog how to's. I'm planning on keeping it updated and adding links as I have more posts on the blog.

If your just starting a blog, or maybe you're just interested in reading some blog tips you should check out the following series I conducted about blog tips. I've also went back and updated some of the information on the posts.

Blog Tips (1) This goes into detail about how to start a blog, where you should host your page, getting a design, etc.
Blog Tips (2) This post has tips about content and getting visitors.
Blog Tips (3)  This post discusses reviewing books on your site and where to get them. Having a book blog does not equal getting advance reader copies.

If advance readers copies are on your mind, you need to read: Advance Readers Copies: What You Need to Know or Advance Readers Copies: The Mash Up

I also have two posts about the how and why I get "review" books. They are a little dated... so I'll need to update those soon, but they still have some reliable information in them: How Do You Get All Those Books? & How Do You Get All Those Books Part Two.

Treat others how you want to be treated! Check out my Book Blog Etiquette post!

General Questions from real readers: "Dear Story Siren"

You can find a complete list of questions and links to the answers: Dear Story Siren: Find it Here! 

Dear Publisher Edition: Questions about ARC's and Reviews.

Penguin
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
HarperCollins
Bloomsbury & Walker
Egmont USA
Flux
Random House
Candlewick
St. Martin's Griffin
Abrams
MacMillan
Simon & Schuster
Harlequin Teen
Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Lerner Publishing Group
----------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me! Get use to seeing more re-post on Ashley Suzanne. I tend to do this because some people are a natural with words and are better at explaining than I am. I also find a ton of great things around the web and I want to keep a collection, right here, so that it is easy for me to re-find when I need to :]

Cheers!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!