Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap

Have you all wondered where I have been the past few days? Probably not, but I am gonna tell you anyways :] Saturday and Sunday I was out of town for my cousin’s wedding and then yesterday I was catching up on some Pinterest inspired crafts that I have been putting off for awhile. I am going to share this one with you today.

I have seen this one going around and heard about it through the grapevine so I decided to finally give it a try!

The Original

This recipe is actually the one that came from The Duggar family. It yields 640 loads of laundry!!

Mine

DSCN1202

I was able to get (4) milk jugs, (1) 2 liter bottle, (1) coffee can, (1) other 1 gallon jug, and (1) unused laundry container. I think that in the first picture she did two batches.

The Modification

I modified the recipe a little in the fact that I did not use a 5 gallon bucket, but used a 5 gallon storage container and it worked just as well if not better.  I was actually able to reach the bottom of the container. I also used scented oil that I got at the dollar tree. It her instructions, she says that she was not able to find some stuff at walmart, but I had no trouble finding it.

The Positive

It cost me = 11.92 to make enough washing soap to make 640 loads. That is a little over 0.01 per load! The best thing is that you already have the stuff left over to make the next load, all you would have to do is buy the Fels-Naptha bar for 0.97 cents!

The Negative

Another thing that I should have probably done was used household cleaner gloves. I got pretty soapy and the chemicals in the soap dried out my hands a little. It won’t bother you once it is stored, but while you are working with it, it tends to.

The Tutorial

 

Hope you enjoy!

Ashley Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!