Friday, June 17, 2011

Apple Cake Pops + Tutorial


I am not sure how many of you have seen the cake pops that have been going around. I bought this book awhile back and it had some pretty amazing recipes and ideas in it. The author of the book eve has her own website where she shares some ideas and recipes that were not included in the book, such as Winnie the Pooh.

My younger sister and I set out yesterday to purchase the items needed for the pops, but it was too late by the time we got home to get started since we had to be at VBS at 5:30 and I was in desperate need of a nap :] So we pushed it off until today.

I did the first few steps while she was at a friend's house. The first thing I did was gather my supplies and then started on baking the cake.








  
Of course I had to stop and take a breakfast break :] Omelet and chicken patty!








Final product! They didn't turn out as pretty as in the book, but I think they are pretty darn cute :] When I asked my sister what she thought of the project she said that her favorite part was eating them and crumbling the cake and her least favorite was how long it took to make them. We kept running into the fact that they would not stay on the sticks when we dunked them in the melted candy. That is how we ended up making apples not on a stick. I cannot wait to show these around at our Father's Day/Birthday party tomorrow :]

1 comment:

  1. They are cute ashley! I agree the worst part is the time it takes. I made oreo pops last Halloween and they were a big hit yall should try those out one day they are addicting lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!