Sunday, November 14, 2010

DNF: Bees of Mist


Author: Erick Setiawan
Published: August 4th 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 9781416596240
Of Bees and Mist is an engrossing fable that chronicles three generations of women under one family tree and places them in a mythical town where spirits and spells, witchcraft and demons, and prophets and clairvoyance are an everyday reality.

Meridia grows up in a lonely home until she falls in love with Daniel at age sixteen. Soon, they marry, and Meridia can finally escape to live with her charming husband’s family—unaware that they harbor dark mysteries of their own. As Meridia struggles to embrace her life as a young bride, she discovers long-kept secrets about her own past as well as shocking truths about her new family that push her love, courage, and sanity to the brink.

Erick Setiawan’s astonishing debut is a richly atmospheric and tumultuous ride of hope and heartbreak that is altogether touching, truthful, and memorable.
MY THOUGHTS

I was not able to finish this book due to the fact that I had trouble following it. It was not the story line it was the fact that it seemed to not be as easy for me to read as others. This book is not in the YA genre and it is more in the adult genre as far as the intelligence that was put in it. I want to thank TLC book tours for providing me with a copy of the book. Please give this book a chance and let me know what you think. It has great potential if only I had the smarts to read it ;]




XOXO,

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. I'm still interested in reading it for myself though - it sounds fascinating to me!

    Thanks for being a part of the tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have a 'did not finish' graphic! I tried and failed with a book recently. Alas, they're not all going to be winners!

    Happy Birthday again and congrats on all the new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - I am glad that you are still interested in reading it. i think it has great potential. I may have to come back and read it one day. Please let me know what you think.

    Brooke - Yeah. I just made the graphic right before I posted the review :D Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!