Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Interview} Kendare Blake : Girl of Nightmares

Let's welcome Kendare Blake along with Anna and Cas. Hey and welcome y'all {sorry to sound so South Georgian}.

Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)

In this follow-up to Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas begins seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he’s asleep, and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong. These aren’t just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.




Cas doesn’t know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn’t deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it’s time for him to return the favor.


Me: :Let's start with you Kendare. First of all could you start out by telling us how you would describe Girl of Nightmares?


K: Girl of Nightmares is the conclusion of Cas and Anna's story. Cas can't let go of Anna; he has to know what happened to her, after she dragged the Obeahman down. But when he finds out, it sets him on a path that might change everything he knows about himself, and his athame.


Me: Wow. That sounds extremely interestuing. Which of your characters do you feel like you relate to the most and why?


K: Probably Cas, but just because I'm in his head the most. So I know him the best. He's very single-minded when it comes to his purpose, and I guess I relate to that. And we both have best friends who drive cars that sound like angry kids playing motorboat in the bathtub.


Me: Poor Cas. He just never gets time to himself. Always has to have someone in his mind. I am a huge reader and I love to read almost anything. I even like putting the tv on mute and reading the words. You just get so much more out of reading than hearing. So I want to know, were you a reader in your teen years, and if so who was your favorite author?


K: I was a definite reader! From childhood on. By the time I hit my teens, it was pretty much a dead heat between Anne Rice and Stephen King. These days, I'm more into King's son, Joe Hill, but I am going to read Rice's new one, THE WOLF GIFT. And let's face it, I'll probably read King's time travel Kennedy assassination book eventually.


Me: Whoa! I have tried many times to read Rice and King's books, but each time I come out unsuccesful. I think they are still too "grown up" for me. I may be 21, but I still like reading books that don't make me think. I want something that I can escape to and just get lost in between the words of the page. Now I really want to know what 2012 release are you most looking forward to?


K: The most is a tough question. There are a lot of them I'm excited to read. There's actually a children's picture book called "I REALLY WANT TO EAT A CHILD" about a young crocodile who, well, just really wants to eat a child. Looking forward to that. Looking forward to the next installment of The Mortal Instruments. I'm completely drawing a blank right now. 


Me: I agree, that is a hard question. I am with you on waiting for the next installment of The Mortal Instruments. Here is the last, but most definitely not least important, question that I have for you, and that is...Will there be more added to this series of Anna and Cas?


K: This is the end of the Anna Dressed in Blood series. It was always a duology. For a while, we thought maybe a trilogy, but no. When GIRL OF NIGHTMARES ended, it ended. That's not to say I'll never write more stories from the same world. A short here, a short there. Never say never, you know?


Me: Never say never - Oh my! Did Bieber just enter the conversation? LOL. My younger sister tells me this all the time :] She is a huge Bieber fanatic! It is a little sad that this may be the end for Cas and Anna, but I am sure that whatever story you come up with next will be amazing!


-----------------------------------------------

Now let's welcome Cas and Anna! I have compiled a few this or that items for Cas and Anna to pick from. Let's see their responses.

Vanilla or Chocolate: 

Anna: Chocolate 
Cas: Vanilla


Dogs or Cats: 

Anna likes both 
Cas says dogs, but he really means cats

Rain or Sunshine:

Both: Rain. 

Vamps or Weres: 

Anna: she preferred reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein to Bram Stoker's Dracula. 
Cas: To kill, or to pull a sled?

Penguins or Ninjas:

Anna: Penguins
Cas: Ninja Penguins

-----------------------------------------------

Well there you have it, short and straight to the point! Thanks y'all for stopping by. Your welcome here anytime!





1 comment:

  1. It's a fun interview !!!
    I love Anna Dressed in Blood and can't wait to read Girl of Nightmares. I hope they get their own happy ending. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!