Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! + Updates!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am sorry I haven’t been updating as often. Christmas to New Year is a really, REALLY busy time of the year for me. I plan to do a few posts about Christmas and New Years. Hopefully I will get to it soon. I just want to update you all and let you know a little on what is happening around here. Dad was able to get a loan, so that he can continue school full time. He is going with me to get our nursing degrees. We are hoping to get accepted into the nursing program Fall 2012, but right now we are finishing up our core. Dad is taking Anatomy 2 and First Aid/CPR, and I am taking Microbiology and First Aid/CPR. School starts January 9, and I am not sure how much I will be able to blog and such then, but I do promise to try. Below are a few things that are going on in the Causey household:

- Dad got a loan and quit his job so he can continue school full time.

- I went to my first New Year’s Eve party {more to come later}.

- I finished reading the Hunger Games, and I am currently reading Catching Fire {book 2}.

- I have received a couple of orders that will be filled this week {I plan to show pictures}.

- Dad and my cousin Lee went to a Georgia game today and that is why I don’t have my camera.

- I am re-covering a car seat {will show final pictures}.

- I cannot wait to receive my student loan in February!

I think that may be it. I do want to introduce this awesome site to you all – Make it and Love it – This is an awesome site ran by Ashley. She has some amazing tutorials! I got my idea to re-cover a car seat from her blog. She also does a re-cover of a highchair that seems cool. I just now need to find a highchair. Also another great blog that I love to read is – The Journey of Parenthood – Emily is the writer of this blog and she just had her second baby. She has a little boy named Kye and her little girl named Brittlyn, these children are absolutely adorable! I have been following her blog since before she was pregnant with Britt. I love the fact that Emily is not afraid to state her personal accounts, and to show the physical attributes of being pregnant. What a stomach looks like before and after baby. I love reading this blog because it reminds me first of why I want to become a L&D nurse and also what to expect on my future journey to parenthood.

Okay enough said today, I have to finish this car seat sometimes today and I need to get started sewing. I will stop by sometime and show the updates.

Also if any of you have any recipes, crafts, or anything else related that you would love to share then please email me at ashleysbookshelf at gmail dot com. I would love to feature you! Also if any of you know of any good blogs that focus on crafts, parenting, or tutorials in general then please send my way.

I will also be picking the winners from my overdue list of giveaways. I will not be able to ship out any prizes though until February, unless you want to help pay for shipping. I had one lady do that, and I shipped it the day after receiving her payment. Just email me and let me know.

One more thing and then I promise I will go. This blog, Ashley Suzanne, is slowly gravitating away from all things books. Its not that I won’t ever post any, but this is no longer going to be just a BOOK BLOG. It is just going to reflect me. I understand if it no longer suits your needs. I hate to lose any of you, but I want you to be satisfied. This is what I want to do and what I like most. I just wanted to give you a heads up so that you will know what to expect in the new year!

Thanks for sticking around and have an awesome new year!

- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!