Monday, March 12, 2012

{Review} Cobbogoth

Cobbogoth: Book 1


To seventeen-year-old Norah Lukens, the Cobbogothians were just a myth. But after her archeologist uncle's brutal murder, and being asked to translate one of his old research journals for evidence, she begins a journey to discover the truth for herself. 
Chasing the myth her uncle was obsessed with, Norah learns that his murder was a cover up for something far more sinister. If she hopes to save others from suffering the same fate he did--including the peculiarly magnetic James Riley--she must head to Iceland in order to find out the truth once and for all. 
If she succeeds, she'll gain the one thing she's always longed for. 
But if she fails, not even the gods can help her.
--------------------------

I have to admit that when I first read the synopsis up there; I thought to myself that this would be one of those books that I would put on the back burner and will eventually get to hopefully, but when Teen Book Scene decided to put together a tour and asked if I wanted on it; I said yes. When I received the book I just set it off to the side and looked at it every now and then. I really didn't know how to approach it, but sure enough it kept calling to me and I eventually opened it up. And then I was sucked in with no chance of coming back. Once I got my first taste; I caught myself wanting it more and more. It became like a little addition. 

This book, by far, tops my top 10 books list! Following Norah through her story why she was trying to discover who she really was and who her uncle was. She really took my emotions on a roller-coaster ride. I even cried at times {this is so not like me}. She is just a typical 17 year old girl, until her uncle's murder. He leaves her a journal of one of his earliest "digs" and she decipher it and tries to find his murderer along with what it is he wants her to know. She encounters some horrendous creatures along the way, goes through some intense moments, finds love just to lose it, and to truly learn who she is and where she belongs.

This is a fun and exciting read, with a lot of unpredictable twists and turns. I would recommend this book to any and everyone that I meet. If you have not read this book already, then what are you waiting go and get it NOW! 

"You can't really be courageous without fear, kyndie, for courage is when you act in spite of fear." - Lylend

-----------------------------


-----------------------------

Most definitely one of the best book's that I've read in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some your thoughts!